The LGX Monthly Roundup
This month, we bring you our Sustainability Report 2021, a brand new feature on the LGX DataHub, a job battle for ESG, and much more.
Introducing LuxSE's Sustainability Report 2021
We recently unveiled the 3rd edition of our annual Sustainability Report, which highlights our progress, initiatives and the impact made across the four pillars of our CSR strategy in 2021. For the occasion, we take you on a tour of some of the key figures of each pillar.
- 37.6% of our employees participated in Career Conversations.
- More than 1/5 of our employees participated in the Authentic Leadership Programme.
- On average, each employee benefited from 21.5h training hours last year.
- 100% of the electric energy we use on our premises is green.
- 80% of the vehicles leased in 2021 were electric or hybrid vehicles.
- 60% of our office supplies are recycled or recyclable products.
- A total of EUR 640 bn, issued by 222 issuers, was displayed on LGX as at 31.12.21.
- We accelerated our digital transformation and improved flexibility and accessibility with the migration to the cloud and the roll-out of new tools.
- 92% of our total investment portfolio is now aligned with our new ESG investment strategy.
- We supported several local NGOs and initiatives to highlight local sustainability issues.
- We obtained the renewal of the INDR label as an Entreprise Socialement Responsable.
The Sustainable Debt Global State of the Market 2021 report is out!
For the 11th year, Climate Bonds Initiative released its Sustainable Debt Global State of the Market report, a reference report in the sustainable finance industry. The 2021 edition gives an overview of the green, social, sustainability, sustainability-linked and transition bond markets, and the main trends driving the growth in issuance and demand.
We were pleased to sponsor the report alongside J.P. Morgan and the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
LGX DataHub on the rise
Ever since the launch of the LGX DataHub in 2020, our experts have worked to ensure that it reflects the state of the sustainable finance market and help investors and asset managers make more informed and sustainable investment decisions.
Our latest update - a brand new feature called 'My Portfolio' - allows users to create and access their various portfolios on the LGX DataHub by uploading a list of securities, as well as to add a filter on these portfolios when navigating the comprehensive data available in this unique database.
We're also happy to report that, as at 29 April 2022, the LGX DataHub covered a global universe of 6,544 listed green, social, sustainability and sustainability-linked bonds, issued by 1,695 different issuers across the world.
As part of EY's new video series, our Head of Sustainable Finance Laetitia Hamon agreed to take part in a (staged) job battle for ESG with Alessandra Simonelli, Head of Sustainability at Banque Internationale à Luxembourg and answer unfiltered questions about her job and sustainability.
Zooming in on new displays
The European Commission brought its second green bond - the largest of its kind issued this year to date - to LGX. The EUR 6 bn proceeds will be used by the Commission to boost Europe's green transformation by financing sustainable investments in the Member States' Recovery and Resilience Plans.
A new Social Inclusion Bond (SIB) from the Council of Europe Development Bank (CEB) was displayed on LGX. Issued in response to the social crisis caused by the war in Ukraine, the EUR 1 bn bond aims to support CEB member states in assisting refugees, including through social housing, education, health and social care, and jobs creation and preservation projects.
German real estate company Vonovia's first two social bonds are now displayed on LGX. The cumulated proceeds of EUR 1.65 bn will finance an array of social projects, such as housing set aside for low-income households, low-barrier housing and for modernisation efforts that will meet the needs of an ageing society more effectively.
LGX Stats as at 31 March 2022
Sign up to our newsletter and stay up-to-date on everything LGX and the latest developments in sustainable finance.